Saturday, January 14, 2012

Weekly Menu - Jan 15



Last weeks menu went pretty well as planned except I had picked  out to try a new recipe called "Sticky Lemon Chicken"  The more I looked at the recipe the less I wanted to try it so I just used the chicken thighs and made Breaded Chicken Thighs instead.

Here's the plan for this week:

Saturday:  Our niece is getting married so dinner is the wedding reception!

Sunday: We made a last minute decision to stay overnight after the wedding (we stayed Friday night too thanks to hotel points which allowed us a free night!) so for lunch we are going to use a gift card and stop at Red Lobster.

Monday: It is just me - the kids are gone and Darryl is gone so I will pick something up - all depends on what I feel like.

Tuesday:  Three Cheese Chicken Alfredo Bake (new recipe), Salad and Garlic Bread

Wednesday:  Chicken and Dumplings with salad and bread

Thursday:  Pancakes and Sausage

Friday:  Stuffed Cabbage Casserole , Peasant Bread.  The casserole is also a new recipe - I found it a few weeks ago and the just last week another blog wrote about how great it was.  I had originally planned to make crock pot cabbage rolls so hopefully this recipe is just as good (and maybe easier!)

Our three year old has to have surgery on Wednesday on his tongue to "clip" it (it is considered tongue tied) so Wednesday - Friday we needed to have "soft" foods for him, not that he'll want to each much I think!! 

Enjoy your week :-)

No comments: