Saturday, March 12, 2011

Creative Memories Spotlight

This week, I've been working on organizing my digital photos.  I finally have figured out a great system thanks to the weekly challenge at A Bowl Full of Lemons.  This is a great way to keep them organized when you download them straight from your camera.  From there, I really like the Creative Memories software.  There are two parts to the software - one is for photo organization and one is for scrapbooking. 

Memory Manager     Scrapbooking Software

The Memory manager program is available for both PC and Mac (I don't have a MAC so I have not had an experience with the product - if you have a MAC and want more info - please let me know, I do have a people that use it!).  Both programs are easy to use and really make scrapbooking quick and easy! 

There are tons of downloads available for these as well - basically digital paper and stickers that you can use over and over and even change the color, texture and more.  Many of the downloads are available as a CD that you can purchase or as a download.  The downloads are great because they are pretty much instant use - just upload them into the system and you have the data.  The digital aspect is also great if you don't like all of the clutter of scrapbooking - everything from paper to stickers is all digital and on your computer, nicely organized.

Am I still a traditional scrapper?  Absolutely.  I find that I love the digital aspect for getting current because it is faster.  Once I am current (it WILL be this year!)  I plan on using the digital piece for the very day things - I tend to take pictures almost every single day of just the stuff the kids do and this will be an easy way to keep up with those daily photos.  Than, I will use traditional scrapbooking for special events and holidays so that I can search Magazines and websites for really neat layout ideas that I can use for just those special days. 

Would I recommend this software?  Yes.  It was given to me as a gift before I became a consultant and, at first, I wasn't sure if I would use it.  Once I got into it, though, I discovered how nice it is to have the ease of the organization and preparing of quick pages.  I wish I would have had the "equipment" when I was on bed rest for 17 weeks with Josh - I could have gotten so much done LOL 

You can check out my Website and search through the "shop", "digital" section for all things digital. 

No comments: