Sunday, January 30, 2011

Weekly Organizational Challenge - Week #1

I've linked up with A Bowl Full of Lemons and am participating in her Weekly Challenges all dealing with cleaning and organizing!  I'm so excited because this fits right into my whole theme of "Simplify" that I am working on throughout this year. 

What better way to start than with building a Home Management Journal.  We can't have organized lives without a way to organize all of the important things that cross our paths each day!  Ironically, one of my "simplify" projects I'm working on is re-doing my control journal and routines to make them work better for me.  So this comes at the perfect time! 

I have my supplies to get started:
I already have my binder I use for my control journal but it is just plain green - so I pulled out some pretty scrapbook paper to change the look of it.  Plus my trusty label maker, highlighters, pens, a hole punch. 

What's my first step?  I'm going to use that scrapbook paper to make my binder pretty and label it so there is no question what it is. 

I'll be posting throughout the week showing you my progress but also (hopefully) sharing some freebie downloads and probably a few things you can pick up through creative Etsy shops out there too.  You can check out A Bowl Full of Lemons to get some of those ideas now!

I'll be linking up over at:



2 comments:

Quirky Homemaker said...

I'm starting the challenge also. Probably tomorrow. I'm following you now from the Bowl Full of lemons linky!
Michelle
http://www.heartfeltbalancehandmadelife.blogspot.com

Beth said...

Thank you for sharing your Home Management Binder goals. I think it's wonderful that moms can get together and share ideas on how to become more organized. I've also created a Home Management Binder and shared some of my section covers and forms online as free printables. I'm inviting anyone who has a binder to add their link as well.

http://proverbs31.thepeacefulpalace.com/Archives/2012/08_25_Home_Management_Binder.html