Thursday, January 13, 2011

Chicken Scaloppini

I made this for dinner tonight and we really loved it alot.  It is really easy and so tasty. 
Chicken Scaloppini
(6 servings)

6 thinly sliced chicken breasts
2 Tbsp butter
2Tbsp oil
2 cups flour plus 2tsp
2 cups chicken broth
2 Tbsp lemon juice (from 1 lemon)
1Tbsp basil
1Tbsp parsley

Chicken:
Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. In a dish add 2 cups of flour- coat each chicken breast with flour. Melt butter and oil in a large pan on med-high heat. Add chicken and cook on each side until lightly browned and cooked through. Take chicken out of pan and set aside on dish.
Sauce:
Leave the remains in the pan you cooked your chicken in. Add 2 tsp of flour to make a paste, then add 2 cups of chicken broth. Let simmer for 5 mins or until it begins to thicken. Add lemon juice, basil and parsley.


Pour sauce over chicken and enjoy.  Serve with rice, noodles, or risotto.

This recipe came from Comfy in the Kitchen

My Notes:
* I really only have one note.  Due to my first batch of rice not cooking (not sure what happened!) my sauce had to sit for 20 minutes while I cooked a second batch of rice.  When I had first tasted the sauce I thought it was very "lemony" but letting it sit for that time allowed the flavors to blend and it was soooo good!  So, make the sauce and let it sit for a few before serving. 

1 comment:

Mrs. Whary said...

Looks delicious!!!!!!!