Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Too Cute Not to "Toot"

Isn't it amazing that Christmas is just a few days away?  I love the holidays and work each year to try and make them relaxing and enjoyable.  I started out strong this year but the last week has been down right crazy and out of control.  Making notes on how to not let that happen next year!

I thought I would start this episode of "Too Cute Not to "Toot"with a great new food blog that I found recently. What Megans Making has some great looking recipes  such as:
Cranberry Relish

Thick and Chewy Gingerbread Cookies
She offers tons of cookies and "sweets" recipes plus many others.  I don't often hook up with food blogs but she seems to have a lot of ideas we would actually enjoy.

Since I started out with food . . .how about this great recipe for Chicken Pot Pie from craftomaniac.
I really like these tree picks that A Glimpse Inside shared this week.  They look so pricey but are so easy to make.  I think they will make a great addition to my tree next year!

This is such a cute idea for a little Nativity set - I think it would make a fantastic gift for a Sunday School Teacher or a Pastor's family.  Craftily-ever-after gives a great tutorial.
I never did post pictures of my porch, mostly because it didn't turn out like my vision and a little because I never get a chance to get pictures!  With that said, I do already have ideas for next year to make it better and it includes some crafts.  I saw this recently at That Village House that would look awesome with the other ideas I have - now my mind is working on how to make it waterproof (she used cardboard boxes and wrapping paper . . )


That is it this week.  I've seen tons of ideas but with holiday things as well all of the latest with my sister-in-law I haven't had as much time to search blogs as I normally do for great ideas.  I'm looking forward to things slowing down a little come January, as they usually do, so I can catch up on lots of things and get back into a more normal routine!


1 comment:

Shannon said...

Love all the fun things you shared! Love, love, LOVE the present topiaries!! OMG...I HAVE to remember that for next year. I didn't do a thing to my front porch this year but what an inspiration for next year!

Thanks for sharing! :)