Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Too Cute Not to "Toot"

Another week of some awesome things!  Some holiday and some not but all fun!

Click here to Learn how!
Check out Lemon Tree Creations - an awesome tutorial on how to make a pillow.  I like it because, as a novice on a sewing machine, even I feel like I could make these.  I'd love to do it for holidays to cover up my sofa pillows!
Over at Oospey Daisy, she gives this really cute Thanksgiving Tree/Advent Calendar Idea.

See How! Click Here
This Toilet Paper Turkey is a great craft idea from A Glimpse Inside
Click here to find out how!
Advent Calendars for Thanksgiving seem to be popular - here is another option
click here for the tutorial
I am always looking for new ideas to use with my boys both now and as they grow and I came across this great Fall Leaf Lesson Plan for preschool at Roots and Wings.  They have lots of great ideas listed!
This is just one of many ideas she has in this post - a matching game
Over at Sassy Sites, she listed several different sites that have some really cute Pilgrim crafts to do - some even come with free printables, which is always nice. 
This is just one sample of the links she has - check them all out!
Also at Sassy Sites, she shows how to make this really great "Thankful" plate for kids to make
Click here for the full tutorial.

Then, there is this really adorable Turkey over at Young and Crafty

Here's a great Christmas Idea for making a unique Advent calender which would also be a way to teach your children and have some fun too.  Not sure I can pull this one off by December 1st - I may have to put this on my list for next year!

Click here for a full explanation.  I do wish she had instructions for the bags but I'm sure I can find a tutorial somewhere!

I really like this give thanks pennant banner from over at Paint it Sew Thrifty.  It is really easy and would look really nice hanging just about anywhere.  Plus, just alter the fabric and you could make one for every holiday.  If it was hanging on a flat wall, I bet you could make it reversible - one side fall fabric and one side Christmas fabric!

I hope you enjoyed this great ideas!  There are many I want to make - I need to add them to my craft folders before I forget :-)

No comments: