Friday, October 29, 2010

30 Day Blog Challenge - Day 19

Day 19 - Something You Miss

My husband and I were just talking about this the other day.  Something I miss  . . . . this is deep . . .. are you ready?  Shopping as a single person ! :-)  We were sitting here the other night and both commenting on how we were hungry but there was no food in the house.  I said, the one thing I miss from my single days is being able to grocery shop for just me!!  To buy the foods that I like, the  snacks I like, plan meals I like etc!!  PLUS when I bought the snacks I liked, I didn't have to worry about  someone else eating them :-)  Not to mention that some of the things that I love, my husband does not like so I don't get to make them anymore! 

Lets see, I miss our last apartment.  It was brand new, had a great laundry room, a master bathroom and a walk in closet!  Not to mention that someone else did the maintenance!  Granted, we had noisy neighbors and no yard - that, I don't miss!!

I've missed camping.  We didn't go at all last summer - with two babies, it just wasn't something we really wanted to do.  The summer before we went twice but it might as well had been December with as cold as it was!!  Maybe next summer we can pick it back up!

I missed going to Lake Michigan this past summer.  Due to Darryl working two jobs our weekends were quick and we just never made it.  I need to go to the beach and am missing that feeling very much!

I guess I miss more than I thought :-)

Check out Katie's Journey for more links

No comments: