Monday, September 13, 2010

Garlic Bread from Heaven and Crock Pot Pork Chops

Yes, I really did have garlic bread from heaven tonight.  I said to my husband, "You know how sometimes, I make something and we wish I had never tried it? Well, tonight, I wish I hadn't made this garlic bread."  Why- he asked, fearing the worst.  "Well, it is so good I will never be able to buy a frozen bread again!!!" 

So here ya go:
Garlic Bread

2 sticks of butter, softened
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 scallion, minced
1 tablespoon Parmesan
1 tablespoon finely chopped parsley leaves
Hot sauce, to taste
Salt and pepper
1 French Baguette

IN a small bowl, mix butter together with garlic, scallion, Parmesan, parsley, hot sauce and salt and pepper.  Preheat broiler with rack 4 inches from heat.  Slice baguette horizontally.  Spread butter on both halves.  Place on a sheet pan and toast under the broiler, about 2 minutes.

Notes:  I did not use hot sauce nor did I have a scallion but it was still fantastic
* I cut the Baguette in half and only made a half batch of the butter.  I'll make the second off tomorrow. 

And to go with it - we had Crock -Pot pork chops
Season pork chops and put in crock pot.  Slice one onion and put onions on top of chops.  Than add 1 box of stuffing mix, 1 can cream of mushroom (I used cream of celery) soup and 1 cup of water.  Cover and cook either 4 or 8 hours (high or low).  It is SOOOO good!!!

No comments: