Friday, January 15, 2021

Weekly Menu

 I know it's only week 2 but I am already trying to be much more intentional with meal planning and this is not just with dinner but also with my breakfast and with lunch.  If I don't specifically plan easy breakfast and lunch ideas, I struggle with eating healthy.  It takes more work on the planning side of things as I have to actually remember to plan those parts but when the stuff is in the fridge, prepped and ready to go, it makes it so much easier to quickly get my food!  

So here's the plan for the coming week

Friday - Dinner at my mom's this week. 

Saturday - Take out Friday Saturday (there are Saturday football games again this week!) 

Sunday - Lunch:  BBQ Cups, Fries and Onion Rings and veggies and dip (ok, I'm the only one that will eat the veggies but that's ok)  Dinner:  (Breakfast) Ham and Cheese Quiche, roasted veggies, and Fruit and Dip (our favorite!) 

Monday - (Pork) Pork Tacos with Mango Salsa (this is a new Slow Cooker Recipe), beans, chips and salsa and Salad

Tuesday (Beef) Since I made BBQ Cups on Sunday for lunch, I'm going to slip in another family favorite today that has no meat - Stuffed Shells.  I'll add parmesan green beans and garlic bread to round it all out. 

Wednesday - AirFryer - Crispy Chicken and Pickle Sandwiches and Daddy Fries - I might try to do these in the Air Fryer too.  (might as well jump in with both feet HA!) 

Thursday - (Chicken) Sour Cream Chicken Enchiladas.  Beans, Chips and Salsa and Salad.  


I sent to the grocery store yesterday and was reminded why I stopped planning meals that called for specific ingredients during this pandemic - the grocery store is not carrying near the variety they used to carry and there are lots more empty shelves!!!!  For example - I needed Jumbo Shells for my Stuffed shells and there were NONE.  All brands were sold out (Seriously?) I ended up getting manicotti shells but still - I should have just planned Spaghetti HA! 

No comments: