It's time for a look back at June! I love lists. They bring me joy.
It's why I write out my goals each month even though I know that I might not accomplish it all.
The feeling of having a goal brings me joy.
It helps me have a purpose and it helps me accomplish things daily (or most days)
Without a list, I flounder and do nothing. I get to the end of the day and feel like I wasted the day instead of looking back and knowing that I did something.
1) Scrapbooking. I'm going to continue on with my goals in May 1) I'd like to continue to order photos - I'm currently working through 2016 and 2019 and also 2011 and 2020. I'd like to get 2-3 more months order for each year 2) I'd like to continue to make time to scrapbook a few weekends this month. 3) I'd like to finish ordering the 2010 scrapbook pages 1) I've been ordering photos! I try to order twice a month. 2) I am making time to scrapbook - not as much as I'd like but more then before!! 3) There was a sale this month so I ordered another month of photo pages. Just one more to go!
2) Reading - My goal this month, as the weather allows, is to spend at least 30 minutes outside a day reading. Or to just read in the house when it is too hot. As you could tell from my "What I've been reading" post - I've had time to read! I read outside on any day I could but there were a few really hot days that I just made time to read inside while enjoying a Strawberry Freckled Lemonade.
3) Cleaning - To continue to follow the Flylady plan.The goal will be to spend time in all areas of the home throughout the month based on the weekly zones. I have some specific things I want to accomplish in each room on top of the zone cleaning. I fell right off that Flylady wagon HA! But, never fear, I still cleaned. I set up some new space saving shelves in my bathroom cabinet (that my mom had put in her garage sale pile that I kept HA!) and cleaned the master bedroom. I also started my Drawer Project.
4) Family Time - We enjoy being together. We have enjoyed going for drives on the weekend the past few weekends so it's mostly just spending time together. We took some drives and we went to the Lakeshore! It was awesome.
5) Another main goal this month is my niece's graduation book - This has to get done this month :-) I have made progress. I have completed it as far as I can - just waiting on letters.
6) Darryl's list - Darryl is still working on his list - the big ticket item is my mom's camper but he also has some smaller items on that list too! The camper is sold!! yeah! Darryl also was able to get a bunch of clean out done in the yard and burn a bunch of stuff!
7) Homeschool - Since we won't be going to the pool this summer and most of our other activities aren't available, I'm having to plan things at home so the kids don't play video games all day long! So my goal is 1) To put together my plan 2) to execute that plan. This week is the last official week of "school" for all 4 kids; the following week is deemed as "vacation" which means there is no real schedule. The next week we will have a schedule with some review/reading/piano practice as well as some activity to do each day. I'm taking a break from even thinking about the fall yet - in July I will need to start thinking of some goals :-) 1) Week one plan was put together 2) Week one plan was executed successfully! 2) Week two plan was put together 3) Week two plan was executed successfully.
8) The garage - I had contacted the garage sale lady so I'm working on that - the goal is to get it all out! It also needs a couple of new lights All of the garage sale stuff was moved out and given to the garage sale lady (HA!). The new lights also got put up too. I also picked up some shelves for the garage so we can get that more organized.
9) The basement - 1) Pick up two new shelving units for the basement. 2) Once those are purchased I will start to organize what I have in bins downstairs so that I can clean stuff out easier. 3) Move the things out of the basement for the garage sale "people". (That will open up some space too!) Yes, this is a repeat since I didn't get it done! 1) I finally got my shelves 2) I have started to organize slowly 3) This stuff did not get moved out BUT I have another friend doing a fundraiser garage sale in August so that stuff will go to that one.
10) Music - We are continuing with at home piano lessons at this point - eventually we will get back with their teacher as things open up which will be good for the boys! Piano lessons have continued. Their teacher is taking the summer off so I will teach them this summer before returning to her in the fall.
11) Co-Op - I'm also working on my lessons for homeschool co-op. I'm hoping to get 1-2 complete lessons done for each class. This means having my "teacher copy" put together and everything else ready to make copies once I know how many students (I'm going on faith we will have classes this fall) I'm dragging my feet on this one. One, because I'm putting together weekly lessons for our at home things right now and two, because I'm still not confident we will go back in the fall. I don't want to spend too much time on lessons if it doesn't happen.
12) Photography (- One of my goals this year was to take a photography class but, right now, I'm not sure I'll be doing that. I just bought a new lens I've wanted for a long time with some birthday money so I want to research how to use that lens better and I also know that there are some great classes being offered on line too. This did not get done.
13) Spiritual Goals - To continue on with my devotional book this month I had good intentions but I didn't pick up my book this month!
14) Dates with Darryl :-) Maybe this month we will try to get out together - just to a favorite take out place (Like the Adobe) We went out for Frappe's twice :-)
15) The Yard - we don't do a lot of yard work in the summer (It's too hot) but maybe, on a cooler day, we can do some work in the "back corner" that has some holes that need to be filled in (the kids were digging to China few years ago) and I'd still like to do something with the sand box. We ended up with a week of amazing weather - cool days and even cooler nights so we took that as incentive to clean out the "back corner". It all got done before it got super hot except for the holes. Once the temps drop a little, I'll get the holes filled in and it will be done. The sandbox didn't get touched yet.
So, that's not half bad. I feel like I got a lot done - probably more than normal since we are staying home so much :-)