Monday, April 6, 2015

Make It Monday - Birds Nests

This past week we did a few activities related to Easter.  The boys are always asking to cook with me and, I will admit, I tend to say "Next time".  It takes extra work (and extra cleanup) to get three of us cooking at once.  Well, this past week we did cook and I think they may have even had some fun.

 To begin with, I melted the chocolate and butterscotch chips in the microwave (one bag of each) and then mixed them up with three cans (5 oz each) of Chow Mein Noodles.  I then put some of the chocolate mix into bowls for each of them.  The used spoons (and their hands) to make small nests. 
 Once they made nests, they added Jelly beans as eggs :-)
 Josh's tray of bird nests.
Nate's tray of bird nests. 

These turned out pretty good . . and actually taste better three days later since the noodles have taken on the flavor of the chocolate more and softened slightly. 

I think next year we will move on to bunny cookies or cupcakes!

No comments: