Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Decorating for Christmas - The Kitchen

It is always fun to see how others decorate for Christmas; at least I think it is!  Over the next few weeks I'll share the little things I do in our home.  Lets start with the kitchen.

 To me, what makes Christmas decorating fun is lights and, in all honesty, I don't do near enough with lights inside!  Every year I wrap our small banister in the kitchen with good old fashioned tinsel garland and colored Snowflake lights.  It is so welcoming when walking up to the house in the evening. 
 This is the one wall decoration in the kitchen - a Wind Chime that I bought in my first apartment to many years ago to count.  I still love it and always find a place to hang it.
 The top of my fridge is the only place to add decorations for display.  This year I used to white procelene items - the Rocking Horse and Snowman - which I have had for years.  I love the simplicity!  The red Glass Ornament is actually from a floral arrangement that I was given 13 years ago when I had emergency gall bladder surgery not long before Christmas. 
Yes, a blurry photo!  The slider door IS our entrance so I love to hang decor on it.  I picked up this tinsel stocking last year after Christmas for a steal and it is perfect for the door. 

Normally, I put red ribbon down the front of my cabinets to hold Christmas cards but . .. my dad took all of my cabinet doors door to repaint them for me :-)  So my kitchen is much more simple this year!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Very ptetty. When you don't have kids coming home anymore, it is hard to get out the decorations. I id minimal this year.