Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Too Cute Not to Toot

I'm really looking forward to see what great ideas people come up with as we start this holiday season.  There were so many things I saw last year that I had hoped to complete for this season but, well, I'm trying to simplify my life HA!  (Just wait - I have plans)  So for now, I'll keep "saving" them here and sharing them with all of you!

We'll start out with a gift idea for the kids.  Oopsey Daisy shares a great tutorial for making an ABC mat.  I would really love to make one of these for the boys to play with this winter.  I think they would have a blast with it!
This could also be a cute gift idea or a stocking stuffer.  The idea comes from Diary of a Crafty Lady and requires some simple supplies!!  A great way to teach colors :-)
Lines across my face is a blog that I currently follow and she is just starting out with a series called The 13 Crafts of Christmas.  I won't promise to share all 13 because, well, if I don't love them . .  .but this first one is cute.  I love countdowns despite having never made any version of one yet - so maybe I'll make this one eventually!

Switching back to Thanksgiving, I like this idea for a Thankful Tree from Bargain Bound.  It is a simple idea that fills up a wall.  The only thing that I can't wrap my mind around is . . .the trees are off the tree; they add them to the tree each day with a thankful thought written on it . . .shouldn't the leaves be on the tree and then as you write a thankful thought, they fall on the ground?  Or am I just being too much of a realist?  What is your opinion?

The Country Chic Cottage is also hosting a series called  "Handmade Holidays" with 12 different handmade gift ideas.  The first one is for Guest Slippers.  I don't have many guests but this would still make a cute gift for anyone!


That's it for this week - with some of these series starting up, I'm hoping to have more ideas to share this week.  Things seemed a little slim this week !
 

No comments: