Saturday, October 8, 2011

Weight Watchers Saturday

So, I started out this week with great intentions.  Little did I know that the recipes that I posted Last Week would turn out to be . . .AWFUL!  Seriously.  I was kinda excited to put together the salad with butternut squash in it.  I roasted the squash and taste tested it - it was yummy!  We all sat down at lunch and I started eating the salad . . .the combination of everything or maybe it was just the dressing . . .just tasted terrible.  The rest of the week I either ate what the kids ate or ate left overs.  I also made the pumpkin "muffins" but as I was making them I realized they were really little cheesecakes, which was fine, until I tasted one.  Icky.  I did not like the taste at all - it probably didn't help that I used plain yogurt instead of vanilla and plain pumpkin instead of pumpkin butter of pie filling so it was tangy and not sweet!  I resorted to Chocolate Milk and/or cereal all week.  Oh well!  I never did make my spinach dip - which I actually really like, but it just didn't happen this week.

So, lets try this again. I plan on making  Chocolate Chip Banana Muffins to have for breakfast.  I'm hoping for much more success with these little sweeties!  They are 5 points each and I'm planning to make them up on Sunday evening so they are ready to go on Monday morning.

For lunch, I'm going to make up a batch of Baked Potato Soup on Monday and have it for lunch Monday-Thursday.  It is 5 points for 1 cups and makes 5 servings - but I think I'll probably have  1 1/4 cups for lunch.  On Friday, we are having Grilled Cheese and Soup - and that sounds really good!  Along with the soup, I plan on making up some Bruscheeta-with-tomato-and-basil to have on some bread rounds with the soup.  They are 1 point each so I'll plan on having 4-5 with my soup which will give me about 10 or 11 points for lunch. 

I'm hoping for much more success this week than I had last week!

No comments: