Wednesday, June 15, 2011

21 Days of Prayer Challenge - Day 8 - Honor

Encouragement From Brooke:

"There may never be an opportunity for your sons to rush to the aid of a damsel in distress or defend her honor like in times of old, but it never hurts to use stories of a knight in shining armor to teach them about honor.

I happen to have young sons in my home.  They love an epic battle of good versus evil and it's not unusual to see them running (yes, running . .. I've almost decided it's useless to scream "WALK!") around the house with makeshift capes and swords hunting bad guys and jousting to the death.  And they love to attack their daddy, as he holds me down and tickles me, defending my honor.

I came across a book recently that perfectly illustrates the type of men I hope my sons will become.  It might surprise you to know that it's written for girls.  The book? The Princess and the Three Knights, by Karen Kingsbury.  Look beyond the surface moms.  Even you parents of older boys may want to purchase a copy of this book as a gift for your sons.  Its presentation makes it a perfect fit for a girl.  But its message is for girls AND boys.  The only knight good enough to win the heart of the princess was the one who would do anything to protect her.  That's the kind of honor I'm praying  for in my sons. "

"But there will be glory and honor and peace from God for all who do good"  Romans 2:10 NLT

I personally pray that my boys will become "knights in shining armor" - always willing to to step up and do what ever needs to be done!  I WILL be getting that book for my boys! 

I hope you are all doing well with this challenge - I haven't seen any comments go up but I know I had about 5 people contact me so I'm assuming you are all just walking through this challenge day by day !

No comments: