Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Deep Cleaning 101

Hi Ho, Hi Ho, Its off to work I go!!

Work? Really?  Well, how about cleaning the house kinda of work :-)

Lately, there have been more and more posts on how to clean your house in a week, or how to clean it once a month.  All great ideas, right?  Only if you do them!!! 

Well, sometimes, I feel more like this lovely lady:
Yep, Cinderella . .. but without the mice (thank goodness!!!) 

I thought maybe I could share a little of what I'm doing and jump into the mix!  I still fully believe that the Flylady system is truly a great system.  It helps you stay on top of the little things and helps you declutter so you can clean (no one likes to clean clutter) but, I still struggle with deep cleaning.  I tend to get bored with it if I spread it out over several days.  Sure, cleaning for 15 minutes 3-4 days a week is great but not if you don't do it ha!!

After realizing this about myself plus realizing that the reality of trying to deep clean with three boys 2 and under in the house all day really doesn't equal much cleaning, I had to come up with a different plan.  The whole point of my deep cleaning is so that the rest of the time, I can just "vacuum the middles" and "Dust the fronts" and be done with it.  Isn't that the best part of keeping up with cleaning? Not really having to clean? :-)

This is what is working for me!
I still follow the basic zone idea that Flylady taught me years ago so over the next few weeks I'll share my deep cleaning plan for each of those basic zones.  Pictures (hopefully), ideas (what few I have), my cleaning lists, and what things I only do certain times of the year! 

I bet you cannot WAIT for these posts to begin, can you?  Go ahead, admit it, you really want to clean!!  Well, I plan on posting these on Mondays beginning June 6th and will be starting with Zone 5 and Zone 1 (there is a reason why there are two!!) - the Living Room (#5) and the Dining Room/Front Entrance (#1). 

The good thing for me?  By the end of June, my house will be deep cleaned and, hopefully, I will have this system down and be using it much better than I am right now!

No comments: