Friday, April 15, 2011

Tator Tot Casserole

This is one of those super simple, kid friendly recipes.  A good friend of mine told me about it because it is his favorite recipe so I decided to try it.  Little did I know that this was one of those recipes that Darryl also loved.  I'll be honest, it isn't my favorite meal but both the boys love it also so how can I not make it? 

Ingredients:
2 pounds ground beef
1 can cream of chicken soup
8 slices of cheese (the kind that comes in the little wrappers for sandwiches . . .. )
1 bag of frozen Tatar tots

Directions:
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.  Cook the ground beef and drain.  Mix in the cream of chicken soup.  Spread in the bottom of a greased 9 x 13 pan.  Lay the slices of cheese on top of the meat.  Cover with the bag of Tatar Tots.  Cook for about 25-30 minutes or until the Tatar Tots are browned and cooked through.  (I've found that sometimes I need to cook this longer; the Tatar tots seem to need a little longer to really brown.)

I often cut this recipe in half and make it in an 8x8 pan instead.  I find that it is more than enough to feed the four of us along with a vegetable and sometimes a salad.

Today I'm linking up over at:


and


1 comment:

Shirley said...

When I used to make this for our family I'd throw in a bag of mixed veggies. Sometimes sour cream too. The kids would lick the pan!