Thursday, March 10, 2011

Old McDonald Had a Farm

First, I made the Eensey Weensey Spider to use when the kids and I sang songs (You can check it out here)
So, since Josh loves to sing E-I-E-I . .. . . .. he tends to forget the OOOO!  I HAD to make this adorable song visual to go along with it.


Here's my finished product :-)  I got the animals at Hobby Lobby and just hot glued them to Popsicle sticks.  The barn is scrapbook paper and ribbon - I used modge podge to adhere the paper to form board and than hot glued the ribbon on top of that.  I should have cut the form board first instead of gluing everything on and THAN cutting it out - it isn't as neat as I would have liked it to be but I'm trying to let go of my perfectionism or I'll never finish anything. :-)  I store the animals in a ziplock bag.  We sang the song the first night I made it and Josh loved it.  I would like to find a pig and a sheep but didn't see any the day I was at the store!

This, of course, is not my original idea.  I found the idea over at (can you guess?) Oopsey Daisy.  Here is a picture of her finished product.

This would make a great teacher tool and is super easy to make!  It would also be fun for kids to make and take home to practice their animal sounds/recognition.

1 comment:

Shannon said...

Oh my gosh, that is SO CUTE!! I just might have to make one of those! :)