Friday, February 25, 2011

Lemon Blueberry Poppyseed Bread

This is another recipe that I've had for years!  Before my oldest brother and his family left for the mission field, we had a family Thanksgiving at their home in Ohio.  My sister-in-law made us an awesome breakfast that included this bread.  It is one of our favorites and I have friends that beg me to send them slices of this bread it is so tasty!!

Lemon-Blueberry Poppy Seed Bread
Bread:
1 package Duncan Hines Bakery Style Blueberry Muffin Mix
2 tablespoons poppy seed
2 eggs
¾ cups water
1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
Drizzle: 
½ cup powdered sugar
1 tablespoon lemon juice

Preheat oven to 350 degrees; grease one loan pan.  Rinse blueberries from mix with cold water and drain.  Bread – combine muffin mix and poppy seeds.  Break up any lumps.  Add egg and water.  Stir until moistened.  Fold in blueberries and lemon peel.  Pour into pan.  Sprinkle with topping from mix.  Bake one hour.  Cool in pan 10 minutes.  Loosen loan from pan. Remove.  Combine sugar and juice for drizzle.  Stir until smooth.  Drizzle over loaf.

 This is just a picture of the box mix that you use for the base of this recipe - I will say that it is seldom on sale but it SOOO good it is worth the cost (about $3.25 a box)

The final product - I really don't like it when Blogger flips my photos though!

No comments: