Thursday, October 14, 2010

30 Day Blog Challenge - Day 4

Day 4: Your Parents
My parents are some pretty special people!  My dad is a preacher and has been for about 38 years.  He is also an electrician, and electrical engineer.  For years, when my brothers and I were growing up, he always worked two jobs - one as a full time pastor and one doing electrical work of some kind.  Despite his busy schedule, he always had time for family.  He is excellent at explaining things (like geometry!) and always has a lesson to teach :-)  Beyond that though, he is also a great helper.  He is willing to help any of us kids when we need it!  My dad is caring, kind, and a lot of fun.

My mom is a pretty wonderful person too.  She was a stay at home mom for years but when two of my brothers were in college at the same time, she did work part time to help them out.  She also cleaned a neighbors house so she could send us each spending money.  She is willing to step in and help in anyway she can and her biggest pleasure, is helping her kids and grand kids.  Eventually she also became the church secretary for my dad and did that until she retired to stay home and care for my grandma who lived with them for several years.  Now, she loves to quilt, take care of her grand kids whenever she can, and take little trips with my dad.  My mom is fun, kind, and caring.

No comments: