Wednesday, December 30, 2020

2021 Word of the Year

 Each year, like many, I pick a "word" for the year.  It's a way to focus on something and try to weave throughout my goals and plans for the coming year.  I've had words like "peace", "joy", "simplify" and more.  This year I happened to read a blog post and it struck a chord with me.  So my word for the coming year is "Purposeful".  The author of the post was taking specifically about decluttering - finding a purpose for the space and all things in the space.  If it doesn't have a purpose, it needs to go.  Well, I think applying that principle to many areas is a good thing.  Looking for purpose in all areas of my life and my home is what I am aiming for in the coming year.  



Ironically, my word for 2020 was "Peace" - in a year that ended up anything but peaceful yet in reality, I did find peace.  Everything slowed down, I had plenty of time to read and even accomplished things that had been put off for awhile.  Holidays and family time were more peaceful and I enjoyed peaceful moments at home.  I will continue on with my goal of a peaceful and joyful home even as I move on to being "Purposeful" in the coming year.  

No comments: