Friday, October 16, 2020

Weekly Menu

 I've been sticking close to my menu each week . . .except for this past Sunday when I didn't feel like making soup.  :-)  Otherwise, since we are home all of the time, the weather is cooler, and it's easier to plan when we do nothing - I just follow what I plan.  I'm still working really hard to only go to the store once a week and work around anything that is forgotten.  This might not seem like a big deal but prior to March I was going to the store 2, 3, or 4 times a week and had even starting planning the grocery list in two parts.  I would go on Thursday and Monday just so I didn't have to spend so much time in the store.  I might spend extra time in the store now but once I'm done, I'm done.  It saves money and probably time.  Granted, now I don't have a reason to leave every evening and get a little quiet time! HA! 

It's hard to believe but this week contains Josh's 12th birthday.  How crazy is that?  His birthday kind of kicks off the Birthday/Holiday Season that carries on through New Years Day.  

Friday - Darryl and I are going away so my mom, Josh and Nate will be together.  

Saturday - Josh, Nate and my mom get to have dinner together

Sunday - I need to keep it simple tonight so just some pizza's (homemade) once again. 

Monday - Back to reality :-) Sometimes, after time away, it's hard to get back into the grove.  To keep it easy peasy, just plain old Tacos (I know, it's not Tuesday!) 

Tuesday -  I think we might actually have some cooler weather so I'm going to do the Broccoil cheese soup I planned for a week or so ago along with ham and rolls

Wednesday - Stuffed Shells, Spaghetti, and Garlic knots.  Josh wanted this for lunch on Thursday until he realized that Darryl won't be home so he asked if we could do this for dinner the night before his birthday.  Since Stuffed Shells are a favorite, of course I said yes! 

Thursday - Josh's Birthday!!  He has requested KFC for dinner so that is what we will have!  

No comments: