Monday, January 13, 2020

My Word of the Year

For quite a few years I've picked a word or phrase that I want to focus on for the coming year.  Some (that I can remember) from past years included Joy (I've used that one a few years), Discipline, and Living with Purpose.   As much as I love the whole idea of Joy, and the reason I've used it several times, I wanted to pick something new this year.  I was drawing a total blank; total lack of inspiration until a Camp and Conference Center I follow on Facebook shared their word of the year.  I even took a few moments to do a little research of their choice and it challenged me so I decided that it was my "word" too.

Perfect Peace
I want to focus this coming year on Perfect Peace.  I want to possibly do a study on peace as it is shared in the Bible.  I'm also thinking about ways to make my life and the lives of my family full of peace.  I'm not even 100% sure how that will look yet other then to try and take away things that cause stress both individually and as a family  I do believe that Peace and Joy go hand in hand so this is a natural progression.  I also want to find ways to keep our home peaceful - simple things like playing music throughout the day, helping each family member achieve the things they need to get done during the day (really thinking about school and not getting overwhelmed with projects!), and other simple things like that.    I might even look for a piece of artwork for our home that will incorporate my theme word/phrase and that verse.  (I still want to find one related to "Joy"!) 

Do you pick a theme each year?  I know that people either seem to love the idea or think it's crazy!  Either way is fine because we are all different people and have different ideas for things like goals and themes!  

No comments: