Monday, January 21, 2019

Origami Week 1

As I started working on my plans for Origami, I was a little stumped on week one.  I wanted it to be easy enough to have kids not get lost but still have the project be fun.  Well, I really under planned and we ended up with quite a bit of time.  That's ok, it's our third hour and kids are tired and hungry! My helpers (I have two of them but only have 6 kids - 2 who were gone week 1!) didn't necessarily help either - they got caught up  making projects from the book.  On one hand it was fine but they also made some things that I had planned for a future week - like paper airplanes - and then had kids making them as extra stuff.  Uuugg!  I felt a little disorganized this week too so I need to do better on that for future weeks!

Anyway, on this first week, I handed out their supplies and then we made the very first two shapes - a cat and and dog.  They got to add faces to their animals with googly eyes.  Then, we used water colors to paint a background scene to add their animals too. 


As I'm typing this, I realized that I left the finish products at Friday School so I can't take photos of them!  

Once we finished the projects and cleaned up, I read this book about The Paper Crane.  It was an easy read with interesting pictures.  

The rest of the hour, the students could practice making other items from their book.  

No comments: