.I have a few ideas I've been tossing around in my head over the past few months on how to incorporate this is our lives and to hopefully change some attitudes in my kids. . .to maybe get them past the normal mindset of entitlement that pretty much all children have to work with (shoot, most adults still struggle with that too!) I'll make a short list but this will surely grow, morph and change over the coming weeks . .. month . . year.
1. Giving back. Part of Thanksgiving is giving back to others. Some areas of service that I see are possibly going to volunteer at Kids Kitchen once or twice; packing Shoeboxes at Christmas time; donating needed items to an animal shelter; saving some money to send to our favorite missionary.
2. Chores. I'm one of those "it is easier if I do it myself" people so I haven't been really good at following through with the chore idea. I'm not ever sure if "chore" is the right word - more like doing responsibilities with joy.
3. Bible lessons. Our normal school day has lost its Bible focus. I want to pull back into this and teach about Joyfulness and Thanksgiving and help the boys hide Gods Word in their heart even more.
4. My own study. Books, scripture study, memorization - all ways to change my mindset daily.
5. Letting Go of Stuff. More to come on this later.
This is just a little glimpse of where I'm heading with this topic this year.