Thursday, July 17, 2014

Weekly Menu

Food Prep was a HUGE success this week.  It helped that we were expecting company on Sunday so I prepped for for a nice lunch on Sunday after shopping on Saturday.


The photo shows a pan of baked beans ready to go in the oven on Sunday morning, Watermelon, grapes, the makings of "Ken's Fruit Salad" and Asian Coleslaw.  Plus chopped lettuce for salad during the week and, not included in this photo is a pork loin simmering on the stove for Root Beer Pulled Pork for Sunday as well.

My kids are going to my in-laws for a short week so that means "the cooking gets easy around here." 

Friday - The kids leave during the afternoon for my mother-in-laws house.  Darryl has to go to the hospital and get x-rays of his back so we'll do that and then stop somewhere for dinner.

Saturday - I'm going to try my hand at fish tacos again.  I've tried them a few times and have yet to find a good recipe - it's a meal we love to get at a restaurant so I'd like to recreate it at home!

Sunday -This is up in the air as of right now.  We are planning to go to the church my brother will be speaking at on Sunday evening so I'm thinking hamburgers for lunch with corn on the cob.  But, it's possible he will be speaking in the morning and, if that happens, we'll grab something after church for lunch. 

Monday - Darryl has a late afternoon doctor appointment so we'll grab dinner out after that is done.

Tuesday - We are expecting dinner to be delivered from someone at church.

Wednesday - We are going to my in-laws to pick up the boys and will have dinner with them as well.

Thursday - This is our last meal from church.  We've really been blessed by the meals from the church and friends over the past few weeks that's for sure!

Based on that list above I hardly need to go grocery shopping. Ok, I still do because we still need bread, milk and Pepsi :-)

No comments: