Friday, July 4, 2014

I'm still Here and Happy Fourth of July!

Whew!  What a week.  Darryl's surgery last Wednesday when as expected but his recovery was slower than anticipated and, instead of getting out of the hospital on Friday as hoped, "we" were there until Sunday afternoon.  It took me until Thursday to fully recover from a much longer day on Wednesday ( we had to wait 4 hours for a room to open up after surgery!!) then anticipated, an early morning drive home, and extra nights at the hospital we were both exhausted.  Add to that Darryl not being able to sleep well which means we were both up . . ..he and I have done a lot of nothing with a few naps thrown in!!! 

We've eaten simple this week but I did cook my first steaks on the charcoal grill ever . .. and it would have been a huge success had I bought steaks that were not as tough as shoe leather even after marinating all day long! 

The boys are still at my parents house and we miss them tons but, with that said, Darryl and I both needed this week to recover with a quiet, non-demanding, nap when we want life.  We are looking forward to them coming home next week though! 

I didn't post a weekly menu but it is pretty simple
Friday - I'm going to attempt to grill hamburgs on the grill (with the grill master aka Darryl overseeing every flip of the burgers HA) and then we'll just have some french fries.

And that is as far as I've planned HA!  (Told you it was simple.)  I have plenty of meat in the freezer of all varieties, so I'll just add a few side dishes and we'll be good.  Things like Tacos, Chick-Fil-Lay Nuggets, Fried Pork Chops, and Brats all sound like good choices to me! 

So, that's my update. 


Oh, and HAPPY FOURTH OF JULY! 

No comments: