Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Hello Mornings - a great group!

If you have followed my blog for any length of time, you'll remember me talking about Good Morning Girls (GMG) which is a great way to set up accountability for daily devotions.  I've been part of a group off and on for about 2 years but the group that I joined up with that many years ago has kind of dissolved.  I was planning to sign up and look for another group but I happened upon another group that fit me better and, honestly, seems a little more structured which is right up my alley.

HelloMornings
Inspired to Action hosts a series/group called "Hello Mornings".  The concept is accountability in three areas 1)Devotions 2)Getting up in the morning earlier 3)Exercise.  I'll be honest, right now, I'm only focusing on numbers one and two!! 
 
Just like with GMG, they provide a devotional study that you can choose to do but it isn't required.  This session we are studying First Peter.  It actually started on August 20th but I'll be honest, I was on "vacation" that week (I didn't have the munchkin) so I enjoyed sleeping in until the boys got up and just taking it easy.  I jumped in with both feet this past Monday.
 
As far as getting up earlier - the goal is to get up before your kids and have time to have your devotions and exercise.  Well, here's the truth of it.  For a totally non-morning person as myself it is hard enough to get up early enough to have my quiet time.  Then, for someone who hates exercise on top of not being a morning person - getting up even earlier, well that's not happening right now.  Previously, I got up at 7:00 with just enough time to be presentable before the munchkin arrived.  Now, I'm getting up at 6:00.  I take a shower, have my devotions, and actually get ready for the day all by 7:00.  It's great - some days my kids sleep until 8:30 but some days they are up by 7:00 - it's nice being ready for the day before they get up. 
 
The group I'm in is fabulous - our leader is wonderful and, small world, we actually know some of the same people even though I randomly picked her from a list of people.  Also, I'm already enjoying the other 14 ladies in the group. 
 
Who knows, maybe by mid-session, I'll be ready to get up at 5:30 to work out  . .. but really, I need to find a way to work out during the day, around the kids!! 

No comments: