Friday, October 28, 2011

Weekly Menu - October 29th


Last weeks menu was a mix of success and failures with both lunch and dinners!  I look forward to sharing some of those recipes with you in the coming weeks!

This next weeks menu is based on two principals: 1) With the birthday party last week, I have a smaller amount of money left in the budget for this week so I needed to try to keep things simple 2) I'm helping my mother-in-law with a wedding shower for my niece next Saturday and there are a few new recipes I need to try before we actually make them for the shower! 

Check out what we are eating this week!

Saturday: It is going to be a simple day - we are planning to go to the Zoo Boo so I'm not sure if we will eat at home or what - I have Pot Pies (The cheap frozen ones) on the menu for lunch and Pancakes and Sausage for dinner. 

Sunday: Stuffed Shells (with Cheese), Green Beans and 7-up Biscuits for our main meal; Then for dinner, Breakfast Casserole in the Crockpot and Donut Muffins - these are two test recipes for the shower. 

Monday: Homemade Cheese Pizza (kid style) and chips

Tuesday: Overnight French Toast with Bacon Stuffed Sausage Roll-ups (another trial run of recipes!)

Wednesday:  Gingerbread Waffles and Bacon (are you sensing a theme this week HA!) 

Thursday: Sweet and Sour Meatballs, Brown Rice, Peas, and Lonestar Rolls (finally "real" food!)

Friday: Chicken Fried Steak, Fried Corn and Mashed Potatoes with parsley Gravy


In case you hadn't figured it out yet, we are doing a Brunch for the shower :-)  I'm hoping that everything is good and I'll be able to share all of the shower recipes and ideas with you after the shower (it will be a Pinterest post since most of the ideas came from there!)

Enjoy and keep cooking!

No comments: