A few things I learned.
1) You need to water your garden especially when you get no rain for a long time and it is really hot.
2) Tomatoes will take over your garden. Next time, we will stake them for sure!
3) Eggplant will not grow if the Tomatoes overtake them.
4) I should probably weed more often.
5) Next time, I should plant it earlier so that the veggies actually get ripe before we have frost again (or my kids pick them)
Am I happy with my garden? Absolutely because I had one main goal and that was to get my kids interested in what was growing outside. They constantly were asking to pick "tatoes" so I think I succeeded. I look forward to next year when I can do some things differently but also so that they can learn more how to pick things and maybe, just maybe, they will eat the veggies instead of throwing them away!
|The kids LOVED the big tomatoes so much they HAD to pick them to show me!|