Saturday, June 18, 2011

Happy Father's Day!!

Happy Father's Day Pops!!  Yep, this is my dad (aka as Pops).  He's a pretty great guy, if I do say so myself. Besides being the best dad in the whole world, he's also a great pastor, and a FANTASTIC Papa!  I think I'm pretty lucky to have been blessed with such a great man as my dad!!  I could list all of the wonderful things he does but . .that would take years but here's a snapshot: He fixes anything I ask him to and paints rooms for me, even when I pick out the wrong color; he drills holes for my cabinet handles (and even left a special reminder on one of the cabinets . . .so I wouldn't forget who drilled them LOL); he calls me sometimes and practices his sermon on me (whether I want to listen or not :-) ); he wore an outdated, extremely wide Snoopy Tie long after anyone should have, all because every Father's Day for years I asked him if he was wearing that tie; he makes sure that my brothers and I are all well taken care of by picking up the dinner tab, filling up gas tanks, or going to Lowes/Home Depot with us to buy one thing and comes home with 10 . . .and he does this even when we don't always say thank you!  So with all of that said . .. THANKS dad for always being the one to make sure that everything is where it needs to be and that we always have what we need.  I love you TONS and so does your son-in-law AND your two grandsons!!  And, I think Josh has hit the nail on the head when he says  .. ."Papa, Church?" - he already knows that Papa and Church are two very important things!!!

To me Father's day is a day to honor our fathers . . .my husband is not my father :-) LOL  BUT with that said, I do have a few things up my sleeve for my husband . .. from his boys of course!  I'll share it all later, after the fact, since he sometimes reads my blog. He is already scratching his head because I made him stay out of the kitchen for awhile and he keeps asking me what I was doing (hehehehe) . I just told him, sometimes, questions are better left unasked. 

No comments: