Friday, January 28, 2011

Snickerdoodle Muffins

Talk about some sweet, yummy goodness!  I was a little hesitant to try this recipe I've had for awhile because of the most recent HORRIBLE new recipes I've tried but, it was laying on the counter, I had all the ingredients, and it really did sound good.  I'll just say that these are a little bit of heaven on earth.  If you like Snickerdoodle's and you like muffins - you will LOVE these!!  My husband has told me that these are the best things EVER and I can make them every single week . . .forever!  And, honestly, they are that good. (I found this recipe over at Oopsey-daisy)
Snickerdoodle Muffins

Muffins
2 c. flour
¾ tsp. baking soda
¾ tsp. cream of tartar
¼ tsp. salt
½ c. butter, melted
1 c. sugar
2 eggs
1 c. milk
1 tsp. vanilla

Topping
1 c. sugar
2 T. cinnamon

Preheat oven to 375 degrees.  Either butter a 12-cup muffin tin or use cupcake papers.

Mix the dry ingredients together in a bowl.  In another bowl, combine the melted butter, sugar, eggs, milk, and vanilla.  Stir until combined.  Pour this mixture into the dry ingredients and mix lightly with a fork.

Fill the muffin cups with batter.  Top each muffin with the cinnamon/sugar mixture.  It can be applied heavily.

Bake 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean
My Notes: 
* I did not use muffin cups but next time I would for this simple reason, the cinnamon/sugar topping sunk into a lot of the muffins so, when I took them out of the pan, some of that goodness stayed behind.  With the liners, you could lick the paper :-)  hahaha
* I think I over filled my muffin tins - I filled them about 1/2 full and some of them kinda ran over so next time I"ll put a little less in each one and make more muffins
* Today, with making 18 cupcakes, I put 1 1/2 Tablespoons of the topping on each muffin - you think it is alot but you'll want ever bit of that goodness on the top :-)

I'm linking up over at Comfy In the Kitchen!

2 comments:

Carrie said...

I just wrote this down and am going to make them TODAY!

Carrie said...

Okay, I just made mine.
BUT, I couldn't find my regular sized muffin tin, (yeah, our kitchen is a disaster area behind the cabinets) so I made it in a 13x9 pan.
Oddly enough, it took the same amount of time to cook.
The topping, however, didn't meld as nicely as it looks like it did with the muffins. It kind of made a crust all the way across the top and so the upper part of the topping was just loose cinnamon/sugar.
I think *when* I made it again, I will push the topping down into the cake a little.
It was VERY delicious though. I like how it isn't overly sweet! Although that makes it easier to eat more! ha ha.
Oh, it was the perfect amount for that size pan as well. I like using the pan because it has the top that goes on and its easy to store. ha ha.
When I find my muffin tin I will try that too.
I like that this is something I would pretty much always have the ingredients on hand to make!