Friday, September 24, 2010

Frozen Hot Chocolate

I've heard about the signature dessert from Serendipity in Manhattan several times as I watch a lot of Food Network.  It intriqued me but I never thought to look for a recipe.  I found this recipe in a magazine for a slimmed down version and we tried it last night.  Wow - this beats any frozen drink I've made yet.  And, for those of you that don't like coffee, this is your drink!


1/2 cup chocolate syrup
1 cup fat-free evaporated milk
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
3 cups ice cubes
Garnish: reduced-fat whipped topping and dark chocolate shavings

Combine everything but the garnish items and blend until smooth.  Pour into glasses and garnish, if desired.  This made 2 large glasses.  I had enough of the milk left to make a 1/2 batch this morning :-)

No comments: