Saturday, August 7, 2010

"For Good" from Wicked

The first song of the week is "For Good" from Wicked.  Why would I choose this?  It has to do with why I even decided to start a blog - it is a song I first heard when I read the story about Preslee Sullenger whose story impacted me so much.  I was reading Ashley Sullenger's blog as that song started to play and, all I can say is, wow.  I know it impacted me so much at the moment because as I heard the words, I know that Ashley's had chosen it because of her little girl and it became a much more powerful song than if I had just heard it in passing.  Now as I hear the words below and take time to think of my friends, people I met in passing, those that I am able to serve and realize how important each of those contacts are even if it is just for a moment.

"I've heard it said that people come into our lives for a reason
Bringing something we must learn
And we are led to those who help us grow the most
If we let them and help them in return
Well I don't know if I believe that's true
But I know I'm who I am today
Because I knew you . . ."

There is much more to this song so I hope you'll take time to listen to it - it has the top spot on my playlist currently :-)


** For the background of my weekly song read the Weekly Song Intro

No comments: