Monday, June 10, 2024

Summer Fun - Week 1 2024

 

Welcome to the recap of  the first official week of our summer break!  It started out hot and humid but thankfully it cooled off and the humidity left by the end of the week!  

Here's a look at our week in photos! 

Sunday, June 2 - This was a fun family day that was kind of unplanned.  We went to church and then headed into Grand Rapids to pick something up from Darryl's work.  We planned to get lunch afterwards and couldn't decide HA!  Nate ended up with McDonald's, Josh got Speedway (yes, he loves gas station food), and Darryl and I got tacos from a Mexican place.  We actually wanted our favorite Tacos but the Adobe is not open on Sundays which is what caused our inability to decide HA!  We laughed a lot thought and just enjoyed being together. 

Monday, June 3 - Joshua and Nate had their piano recital.  This is my favorite event of the year.  Why?  I get to hear them practice all year, take them to every lesson, push them to do better and I get to finally hear a fabulous performance that showcases all of that hard work!  




Tuesday, June 4

Finally, the last day of school!  Joshua took his last math test and we were done!  Nate actually finished up last week but we took our photos today! 



Nate - at the beginning and end of the year.  One of the big changes - Nate got glasses!  I hadn't gotten a good photo of him with his new glasses until this photo :-) 


Joshua at the beginning and end of 9th grade.  

Wednesday, June 5

I actually got to do something today!  One of my close friends is here for a month from Florida.  They come up every year to spend time with family.  She and I met for coffee and conversation :-) 


Thursday, June 6 - I clean on Thursdays normally so I left earlier than normal in order to be home for lunch since my extra kids had a half day.  Nate spent the afternoon with his friend Monty and also attended Monty's last soccer game with his family.  I love that my guys have great friends! 

Friday, June 7 - Today was an end of an era.  I have been babysitting/watching my friends kids since the oldest was born in 2010 so almost 14 years.  Well, today was their last day.  It is bittersweet because they have been part of our everyday lives for so long.  They are good friends though so it wasn'nt good bye, it was just a "see ya later". 

I just happened to have this photo saved on my phone from 2017.  I'm sure if I dug through photos I could find an older one of these four.  They loved having matching shirts! 
The crew today! 


They have been great friends for so many years! 

Saturday, June 8 - We attended an open house for a friend - he's one of my guys long time friends.  His dad is also our pastor :-)  Josh and I also went star gazing at 4:00a. 😊


We


And the night ended with a beautiful rainbow! 


 
And that's a wrap!  


No comments: