Tuesday, May 21, 2024

It's Summertime (well almost) Pre-Summer Fun

 


While we are not officially into our weeks of summer yet, we do have things going on over the next few weeks so I'm going to start with some "pre-summer fun" posts.  

I will start with Friday night, May 10th just because it was so cool!  We had an amazing show of the Northern Lights.  I was so surprised that we could see them and am thankful I stepped outside just before heading to bed to catch a glimpse. 

This top photo I took with my phone camera.  I had been reading about using a camera to see the lights because it filters out so much light.  It was amazing!    The photo below is more with the "naked" eye.  I still used my phone but I turned off a setting so it didn't filter out quite so much. 

On Saturday, May 11th, Nate participated in a formal Black Belt seminar to be trained on how to teach the new requirements that are part of the federation is school is a part of at this point.  Darryl, Joshua, and I went to my in-laws for most of training but I did catch the last 20 minutes or so and it was impressive to see all of the Black Belts together. (There were some higher colored belts as well as they are considered "in training") 



Nate is standing with the official banner as well as the Grand Master. 

Sunday, May 12th - Mothers Day!  I love these guys :-) 


Wednesday, May 15th was the last youth group for the year at our church.  This is a portion of the group - there were several missing.  The youth group has almost doubled in size in the last few months and it has been great to see!  





No comments: