Tuesday, April 5, 2022

Spring Break

 I referenced some things in my April Goal Post about spring break.  I thought I would break that down a little more and (hopefully) give an update at the end of the week!  I'll try to remember to take before and after photos (I'm not great at remembering the before shots!)  

What exactly is spring break for me?  It's a week where I can focus on things I want to get done instead of focusing on school and making sure everyone gets everywhere they need to go. Music lessons are usually cancelled and there are no extra things like youth group or AWANA.  

Technically our break started this past Friday (Yes, April 1st - April Fools day!) I took that day off HA!  Actually after pushing super hard the last two weeks to end school at a certain place lesson wise, we were all ready for a break.  It continues through Sunday, April 10th.  Because we are going away in a few weeks, we won't be doing anything "fun" but rather just sticking close to home and just getting stuff done around home.  

My original plan including some out door projects but it is supposed to be colder and rainy so I changed gears and am going to focus on the inside! 

Here's my basic plan: 

Delcutter Calendar - I went through January-April and made a list of what I still need to accomplish.  I'm going to follow a plan I did a few years ago and that is to do the number of things that match the date.  So, April 1st, I need to tackle one thing, April 2nd, two things, and so on.  

Basement - I'm going to just tackle it by "date" - similar to above.  On April 1st, I'll clean off one shelf or empty one bin; April 2nd, two shelves/bins; Until Thursday, April 7th.  Why the 7th?  Because I want to give myself Friday to catch up or relax!

"Everything in it's place" cleaning - I have a list for each room that I want to accomplish - a lot of putting things away and getting things into their rightful homes is what needs to happen.  My plan is to tackle one room a day.  In reality it won't take long but a good 15-45 minutes should wrap up it up in each spot. 

Scrapbooking/Photos - This is my "everyday project".  I want to get things organized again, know where I'm at on projects, and be ready to scrapbook again!  I also have to work on getting my photos organized from my phone/camera onto my hard drive and then figure out an easier way to upload things again. 

Summer Clothes - It's time to update closets with summer clothes.  I also need to take both guys to pick up anything that they need for the summer.  

I'm looking forward to having some time to get some things accomplished on a week when we have nothing extra!  Once this week is done we have the big push through the end of our school year! 

No comments: