Thursday, February 25, 2021

What I actually read in February

 Book #1 

Change of Heart is a book off my shelf that I actually had already read but didn't realize it!  It's a simple story of learning to trust again and rekindling old friendships that build into bigger relationships.  It's a pretty easy read but a charming story. 

Book #2


This is one of my February reading goals and one of the books I purchased in January.  I love books that take place in Michigan which is one of the reasons I picked this book as it takes place in the Upper Peninsula.  It is a story of redemption and rebuilding relationships between two sisters.  While the story itself was good and well written it had flashbacks, which I just totally skipped over (I really don't care for stories with long flashbacks that really don't pertain to the story).  It also ended abruptly and with lose ends.  It made me question what the last few sentences really meant and how could the author end a book without really ending it.  Unless there is second book to this one, I'm not sure I would pick up another book by this author. 

#3


This book came recommended either from a friend on Facebook or maybe just a general Facebook recommendation but either way it was a good story.  I will admit, after reading so many books by Julie Klasson who is an amazing story teller, this book started off a bit boring and choppy.  The author doesn't use precise and creative language (I mean the main characters names are Diane and Barry . .. )  but the over all story is a great one about reconciliation and learning the truth about why the characters respond to situations the way they do.  There is some language in this book but overall it is a good read.  Ironically this story has flashbacks but they are really part of the story; actually it is the story as it tells the story of the main character and what brought her to the place she is in currently.  I can handle those flashbacks :-) 

#4

I'm coming to the end of Julie Klassen's book list and this one did not disappoint.  The Silent Governess was one of my favorite books.  I loved the way that this one tied the story of several families together and, in the end, there was actually happiness in each of the families because truth was brought to light.  Julie Klassen is such a great writer and really just brings the reader into the story.  

#5


Well, I've run out of Julie Klassen books.  This was the last one that I had not read and, honestly, it is probably my least favorite.  I found it a little . . . .cringe worthy, as my kids would say.  It made me roll my eyes and I found it slightly comical.  I think it had to do with the dancing, the description of the dancing master, and the behavior of the main character.  It did end well but it just wasn't super exciting or nearly as deep as the previous one I read.  I guess they can't all be winners! 


No comments: