Monday, August 23, 2010

Easy Chicken and Chese Enchiladas

Monday nights are "New Recipe" night in our house - I have tons of recipes I've pulled out of magazines or that I've just come across so I use Monday night to try them out.  (I will also plug in new recipes other nights but that is my "Theme" for Monday and yes, each night does have a theme . . it makes menu planning easier)  Sometimes these new recipes are total bombs (we are hungrey a lot of Mondays! :-) ) but tonight was a success so I wanted to post this recipe!

Easy Chicken and Cheese Enchiladas

1 can cream of chicken soup
1/2 cup sour cream
1 cup salsa
2 teaspoons chili powder
2 cups cooked, diced chicken
1/2 cup Monteray Jack shredded cheese
6 flour tortillas, warmed
1 small tomato, chopped
1 green onion, chopped

In a large bowl, mix the soup, sour cream, salsa, and chili powder; set aside. 
In another large bowl mix chicken, cheese, and 1 cup of the salsa mix
Divide the chicken mix between the flour tortillas; roll up and place seam side up in a 2 quart (8x8) baking dish.
Pour the remaining salsa mix on top of the tortillas; cover and bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes.
Sprinkle the tomato and green onion on top before serving
(Serves 6)

** I did add about 1/2 cup of shredded cheese on top of the enchiladas because we love cheese :- )
** Next time I think I will also add chopped black olives on top as well
** You could also add about 1/2 cup of black beans, drained and rinsed, to the chicken mixture

I served it with Savory Rice (I was going to do the Skillet Rice Recipe I shared in another post but forgot to thaw out my Vegetable Juice!), Corn, and Biscuits with Homemade peach jam for "dessert".

No comments: